Yesterday Krissy, who writes at MySoulfulHealing.com, nominated me for a Very Inspiring Blogger Award. This award is bestowed by bloggers who want to share the love by recognizing other bloggers who inspire them in some way.
How cool is that?
Krissy, I want you to know that you made my day. (after I moved past my ego-induced insecurities.) Thank you so much, I’m honoured to have made your list, and I’m encouraged by knowing that you like what you found on Authentic Gecko.
Thank you. I truly appreciate making your list — there ‘s nothing like being recognized by your peers.
To everyone else, go check out what Krissy is writing about over at My Soulful Healing. It’s pretty great.
In the spirit of this award, each nominee is asked to:
- Thank the person who nominated them and include a link back to that person’s blog
- Share 7 things about yourself
- Pass the award to 7 nominees
Number one was EASY, so on to numbers 2 and 3:
7 Things About Me
- I find it hard to write a list like this (I’m never sure what’s interesting but not too personal.)
- I suck at taking compliments
- I’m a dyed-in-the-wool sun worshipper (Nothing makes me feel better than a sunny summer day.)
- I’m a Coke Zero addict (Gotta work on that.)
- I’m a freelance writer (Gratuitous self-plug.)
- I know I use too many parentheses and dashes in this blog – but I like them, and can’t work them into my other writing as much as I’d like.
- I love dogs (We have two golden retrievers that are almost as much a part of the family as our kids.)
- I feel guilty enough about #5 to add an extra point (But not guilty enough to delete #5.)
7 Bloggers That Inspire Me
Some of the people on this list inspire me with their writing, some of them inspire me with what they write about, and some of them are just all around inspiring people who also blog.
- Sharon at My Mother’s Caregiver. I first met Sharon in high school when we were in home room together and she was an up-beat inspiring person then who was always at the center of everything. More recently, her openness and willingness to blog about her journey with her mother’s dementia, all for the sake of helping others, has taken her “inspirationalness” to a new level. (I know that’s not a real word but it says what I want it to.)
- Brenda at Midlife Mona Lisa. Brenda is a master at writing headlines that suck me in and she follows that up with a sassy writing voice and topics that often make me laugh out loud.
- Michele at My Life Coach. Michele is the life coach I worked with and is at least partly responsible for setting me on the path I’m on today.
- Barrie at Live Bold and Bloom because I read her posts and think, “Yah, that’s what I want to say,” and hope to get there one day.
- Jennifer at Life After Tampons. Jennifer had me at her blog title, and I keep going back because of her relatable posts.
- Lori at Tiny Buddha. I’ve been reading Tiny Buddha for ages and love the personal wisdom she and her guest bloggers share. Lori’s created something wonderful with Tiny Buddha.
- Regina at Perpetual Optimism. Ok I may be breaking the rules because Perpetual Optimism is a Facebook page not a blog, but I read what Regina has to say every day.
What do you think?
Check out My Soulful Healing, and some of the other blogs I listed and, if you like what you see, leave a comment on the blog. You really make a bloggers day when you leave a thoughtful comment on one of their posts.
In the meantime, what are some of the blogs that inspire you? Share your favourites in the comments below.